Friday, January 30, 2009

Attack of The Lazies

Lazy.  No way around it.  I've been lazy about running and lazy about recording it here when I do run.  I ran last Tuesday, Jan 20th, and did 2.4 miles in 28 minutes.  Still pretty slow, but I'm doing more running and less walking.  On Friday, January 23, I ran the regular 2.4 miles (twice around the school campuses) and then I walked an additional .8 mile around the park.  I wanted to run/walk the lap around the park, but my knee was staring to give me trouble and because of the direction I chose to go, it was slightly up-hill on three sides.  I'm going to have to start adding more distance regardless of how fast - or slow - I am if I'm going to work up to 6.1 miles by the end of April.  The next day (Saturday the 24th) my knee was giving me LOTS of trouble and I was popping so many Tylenol and Advil that my stomach was cramping up.  After that, I had several days of "too busy", "too cold", or "too lazy".

Yesterday, Thursday, January 29th, was beautiful!  Sunny, 53 degrees.  Mattie and Jenna really wanted to run with me, but Mattie was supposed to baby sit at 5pm.  We went out and did one fun, quick lap around the schools together.  The girls would run fast ahead of me and then walk until I caught up with them, while I plodded along at a slow, but regular pace.  We didn't time it, we just enjoyed it!  I am planning to go out again by myself for a longer run today, but it all depends on Jeff's availability to help me out with Ruby.  I have a mini ladies' retreat to go to this evening and my ride will be here at 6:30.  When I allow time for showering, packing, and cooking dinner for my family, that doesn't leave me much time.  We'll see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment