Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cooked Goose

Well, now I've really started something.  My brother and his family went to lunch with us today after church and my kids overheard us talking about running.  My 7 year old son, Elijah, and 5 year old daughter, Daisy, made it quite clear that they are feeling neglected and unloved because I have not allowed them to go running with me.  In their minds, it is the new thing to do if you are a part of our family.  Elijah was especially indignant.  After all, he is only 13 months younger than Jenna, 1 inch shorter and 1 pound lighter.  If she, his mere sister, is allowed to join Mom every once in a while, it only stands to reason that he should be given equal time.  So today I broke down and took Elijah and Daisy to the lake with me for a little jog.  We went around 1 1/2 times laughing and talking about all the different creatures that lived in the water and would probably eat us up if we accidentally fell in.  The most exciting part of the run was when we passed a flock of geese on the side of the path.  I got an invigorating shot of adrenaline when the "alpha goose" lowered his head and started hissing and running toward my little Daisy.  Oh, yeah, bring it on, Goose!  You'll be on my dinner table within the hour...

I dropped them off at home and headed to the school to do my regular run.  2.4 miles in 31 minutes after the little 1.5 mile jog with the kids.  Not bad, Girlie!

No comments:

Post a Comment