Friday, January 2, 2009

The Sad Facts

Today is January 2.  I really want to go walk/run again, but I'm pretty sure I should let my toe have the day off.  I tend to be a little obsessive when I start something new.  I'm afraid that if I take a break, I will never start back again.  However, I don't want to do any real damage to my foot.  I'm supposed to go back to the orthopedic doctor on January 6, and I don't want to get in trouble.  Between Mattie and I, I have committed $70 in entry fees, $45 in new running shoes for me, and probably another $45-$50 in running shoes for Mattie, so I'm in (financially) too deep to let one day of rest destroy my motivation.

Instead of working out, I will attempt a feat far braver than running a mere 6 mile leg of a marathon relay.  I will tell the world what I weigh....

138 pounds.  

Ugh.

Since I gained that 15 pounds in college, I have usually hovered around 130-135.  I am only 5 foot 2, so in my opinion, that makes me 20 pounds heavier than I should be.  I don't know if I will lose any weight over the next 17 weeks of training, but I am hopeful.  Truthfully, I'm not a gross person to look at, so if I don't lose any weight, but do feel less tired and start to sleep better, I will feel good about what I've accomplished for my body physically.

That's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment