Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Injuries

Okay, so my knee pain is not just imaginary or an excuse; it's real.  I could hardly sleep last night.  It's my right knee.  My right pinkie toe is the one that's broken, so maybe I'm compensating more than I realize, or maybe my plantar fascitis (sp?) is flaring up again.  I do have some pain in my right heel when I first get up in the mornings.  No, I haven't made that follow-up appointment with the orthopedic doctor yet, so I don't know what kind of healing progress I'm making with my toe.  What I DO know is the high temperatures for Thursday and Friday are predicted to stay below freezing.  I know I won't run when it's that cold, so I went running in spite of knee pain today because I am planning to not run again until Saturday afternoon.  Mattie, Jenna and I went 2.4 miles around the schools, but didn't mark the time.  They both out ran me.  I had to mentally chastise myself a couple of different times.  My natural competitive instinct says that if you are in front of me, you are my enemy.  Deep breaths, Kama.  That's your daughters' up there.  Be proud of them.  They are healthy and strong and beautiful and you are teaching them to enjoy taking care of their bodies.  They are not your competition, they are your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment